Friday, July 08, 2005

London Blast by Edmond Terakopian

    
Just found this photo from yesterday's terrorist attack in London by my good friend, Edmond Terakopian, on The Guardian web site. After emailing people I know from when I lived in London, I'm glad to say that none were caught in the blasts. Unfortunately, however, Edmond has never been busier shooting for AP. It's probably an assignment he could have done without.

Another friend, an academic in London, wrote me an email from which I think this is the most poignant part:
My first reaction was: it's ordinary people that get caught up in this shit. The no. 30 bus comes from the East End into town and would have been full of East End working folk. Not soldiers, not politicians, not big shots; probably plenty of blacks and Asians, old and young, all shafted.
Incidentally, Edmond's web site, which I put together, can be found online here

Any opinions expressed on this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any publication or organization that he may be working for now, in the past or in the future.